Hello from Ridgway, Pennsylvania! I am almost 7 months out on my 18 month mission and my eyes have truly opened. I wanted to share 30 things I’m grateful for especially this month. It’s amazing when you come on your mission your priorities change and you recognize a lot more blessings, here are SOME of mine:
1. The beauty of the world
How blessed are we for a beautiful earth God has given us. Alma 30:44 “… yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.”
2. Volunteering opportunities- The Food Bank
Mosiah 2: 17 “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”
3. Service, I love how members of the church are so quick to help each other.
4. Ordinances and covenants!
How lucky are we that we get to make sacred promises with our Heavenly Father to follow Him and our Savior Jesus Christ and them in return bless us. I was blessed to be apart of Tanja’s baptism and helping her (as a tool in the Hands of my father in heaven to) reaching this milestone in her life. Keeping my covenants I’ve made at baptism and in the temple have changed my life for the better forever, I am so grateful to be a member of this Church and a disciple of my Savior.
Doctrine & Covenants 54:6 “But blessed are they who have kept the covenant and observed the commandment, for they shall obtain mercy.”
5. The opportunity of being a representative of a Christ
Mosiah 28:3 “Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.”
6. The ukele
Doctrine and Covenants 82:18″ And all this for the benefit of the church of the living God, that every man may improve upon his talent, that every man may gain other talents, yea, even an hundred fold, to be cast into the Lord’s storehouse, to become the common property of the whole church.”
7.The Living Christ which helps me draw closer to Him. Check it out now! https://www.lds.org/liahona/2000/04/the-living-christ-the-testimony-of-the-apostles-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints?lang=eng
8. Nature! On my mission I’ve seen the spiritual connection with nature a lot more. Christ went into the garden of Gethsemane to atone for our sins and Joseph Smith went into a Grove of trees where he had the first vision. Such amazing life changing events in nature and those are just some of them.
9. The Book of Mormon, it’s changed my life.
10. All my companions, they are so sweet!
11. Those fighting for our freedom so that we can practice religion how we please.
12. The Bible, my favorite is Matthew in the new testament.. I love love love reading Christ’s sermons.
13. The unique message we have of the Restoration of the Gospel
14. Temples.. “what matters most is what lasts the longest.”
15. The family proclamation. ” Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
16. My family and the knowledge I have that families are eternal.
18. My Savior, I’ve truly came closer to Him and continue to each day as I read His gospel in the Bible and book of Mormon.
20. My pink house but more importantly the fact I have a roof over my head!
22. Pennsylvania, I’m grateful God let me be here for a year and a half.
23. Postcards, my new found hobby is to collect them.
24. Friends.. The friends I’ve made out here are going to be my friends forever, I am so blessed.
26. Modern day Prophets: ” The teachings of living prophets provide an anchor of eternal truth in a world of shifting values and help us avoid misery and sorrow.”
27. My mission and mission president and his wife
29. Fellow missionaries
30. A church to worship in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania mission
May 2017-November 2018