Recently I’ve been hanging out with one of my old friends a lot, and we’ve been struggling of finding fun things to do together.
I had the idea to do random acts of kindness/service for those serving in the temple, but really you can just do it anywhere!
Before we knew it we probably had over 50, we even watched Lilo & Stitch in the process. We then drove to the temple and placed them randomly on people’s cars. We totally underestimated how many cars there were and wished we had notes for everyone, but now we know for next time!
We then sat and watched for a little while. This couple came out and we saw them grab the note and smiles flashed across their face and then they hugged each other. They then took a picture with them and the note and happily left.
That made our whole night. Seeing how happy you can make someone by a simple gesture is just the best thing in the entire world.
- Write kind/loving notes or letters for your friends, family, roommates
- Write thank you notes for a teacher, police man, mail main, UPS/FedEx worker, fire fighter, a dr/nurse or a solider over seas
- Text or call a friend or family member something kind
- Give compliments to everyone
- Donate old clothes
- Donate to a food bank
- Make lunches for the homeless
- Pay for someone’s food in a drive thru or restaurant, pay it forward
- Leave $5 in a red-box movie or $1 on a vending machine so someone can grab a snack!
- Take flowers to a nursing home or hospital (for patients or nurses).
- Wash your roommates dishes for them
- Donate your blood during a blood drive
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Help a friend with a task
- Donate books
- Smile at everyone you see
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Babysit for free
- Make a meal for someone in need
- Bake cookies for your neighbors
- Make a care package for someone in need
- Sign up to be an organ donor
- Pick up liter
- Pay for a strangers library fee
- Buy groceries for the person behind you
- Donate old toys
- Give someone a hug
Places to leave kind notes
- The temple
- The hospital
- Nursing homes
- Campus- on cars or in classrooms
- Apartment complexes
- Roommates door/friends apartments
- Elementary, middle & high schools
- The gym